[Distutils] CVS/Entries.Log ignored by setuptools default CVS file-finder logic

Jeff Shell eucci.group at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 20:20:03 CEST 2007

> On Aug 6, 2007, at 1:51 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> >> next version.
> >>
> >> By "tested patch", do you want a unit test to accompany the patch? Or
> >> do you just want it to have been tested by me and compared against
> >> the
> >> current release?
> >
> > The latter.
>
> This would be a mistake. The former. :)

I agree.

However, there are no existing tests for this feature, so there's no
place to plug in. It would require generating fake packages with fake
CVS (and complementary tests should do subversion) files and
directories and yada yada yada. I looked and looked for something I
might use as a starting point. Since I know next to nothing about the
overall structure of setuptools and distutils, I feel rather
unqualified to write such a test completely from scratch in the time I
have available.

--
Jeff Shell