[Distutils] Setuptools with custom path configuration

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Oct 17 03:19:07 CEST 2006

I revisited setuptools again tonight hoping to learn a bit more about it.  Unfortunately I'm still stuck where I was last time I looked.

I'm using Combinator to manage my Python libraries.  This means that I have
a fair amount of software installed at ~/.local/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages, a PYTHONPATH which includes only ~/Projects/Divmod/trunk/Combinator, at which location resides a sitecustomize.py which sets up the rest of my path.

>From the documentation, and various experimentation, it seems like this configuration is still not supported.  What needs to happen for to change this?

Jean-Paul