[Distutils] Script-specific .pth files (or baking paths into scripts)

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed May 17 18:34:18 CEST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> I seem to remember a threat from from Phillip to make a proposal
> for installing script-specific ,pth files with scripts, but I don't
> think I every saw anything.  Have I missed anything?  If so, what? :)
> If not, I'll probably write something myself and share it.

workingenv (http://svn.colorstudy.com/home/ianb/workingenv) doesn't use
.pth files, but does put in script-specific paths.

As I note in my previous email ("setuptools: hardcoding the path in a
script and site.py"), I think this would probably be cleanest to do
through a new installation option, that could also be placed into
distutils.cfg.  Right now what workingenv does is very specific to
workingenv, and doesn't work off any public setuptools API.