[Distutils] Missing packages

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Mar 16 20:52:23 CET 2006

At 02:56 PM 3/16/2006 +0200, Juha Tuomala wrote:
>It looks like paster cannot find cheetach, even it's installed.
>I've compiled and installed cheetach RPM package. What is the thing
>what setuptools looks and doesn't find? That egg info?

Yes.  The simplest way to get it is probably to build the Cheetah RPM using
setuptools, by getting the source and then running this in the directory
with its setup.py:

     python -c "import setuptools; execfile('setup.py')" bdist_rpm ...

where '...' is any arguments you would normally pass to "setup.py bdist_rpm".

You can probably fetch the Cheetah source using easy_install, e.g.:

     easy_install -eb. Cheetah

which will create a 'cheetah' directory in the current directory,
containing the source distribution.  You can then 'cd cheetah' and run the
setuptools command shown above.