[Distutils] easy_install question

Collin Winter collinw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 23:09:50 CEST 2006

I've been testing the latest release of my functional package[1] to
see that it works with easy_install. When I do "easy_install
functional", it shows that it looks at PyPI, can't find anything
appropriate, then goes on to the project's website, eventually
downloading and installing functional-Py-0.6.tar.gz.

I imagine that easy_install is getting confused by the seven files
listed on the PyPI page; there are two versions of the package -- one
in C and one in pure Python -- with tarballs and eggs for each
version. Is there any way that I can mark a particular file (in an
easy_install-understandable way) as, "if you don't know what you need,
download this"? Should I use the "Download URL" field for this?

Thanks,
Collin Winter

[1] - http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/functional