[Distutils] eggs on distutils-sig

Stephen Langer stephen.langer at nist.gov
Wed Dec 7 20:22:03 CET 2005

On Dec 7, 2005, at 12:10 PM, Ian Bicking wrote:

> Kevin Dangoor wrote:
>> -1
>>
>> In the months that I've been subscribed to this list, I haven't
>> really
>> seen any *other* discussion that seems geared towards improving
>> distribution of Python modules and add-ons.
>
> Ditto.  Setuptools is the most active distutils-related development
> right now, no surprise there's lots of messages on it.  The volume
> is a
> *good* thing ;)

I guess the concern is that the dominance of setuptools message is
scaring away people with old-fashioned distutils questions.  There
haven't been many of those lately, and some of them seem to have
received no response.  I don't think that splitting the list in two
is a solution, though.  There's not enough traffic to warrant that
(except for a brief spurt a week or so ago...)

  -- Steve

--
-- EMail: stephen.langer at nist.gov                    Phone: (301)
975-5423 --

-- "I don't think this will work.  That's why it's
science."               --
--                                      Naomi Langer,  17 Feb
2003         --