[Distutils] Installing scripts

Bob Kimble rjkimble at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jun 14 21:59:39 EDT 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 05:28 pm, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> I *think* we agreed that stripping a .py extension for scripts on Unix is
> acceptable, but it's not clear that any Unix-oriented users other than
> myself were involved in the discussion.

I'm a Linux guy myself, and I prefer the .py extensions. I figure you can
always make a symbolic link to a filename without the extension if you like.
All my Python scripts have .py extensions. Of course, all my bash scripts
have .sh extensions, too. I don't know what the norm is, but that's my 2
cents.

Regards,

.... Bob