[Distutils] Compiling extensions with MingW32 / python.org binary

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com
Wed Jan 14 11:34:33 EST 2004

From: Michael Droettboom
> I've come across a possible bug with --compiler=mingw32 and
> --compiler=cygwin support when using the standard python.org 2.3.3
> .exe.  (I do this so I can distribute binary installers that work with
> the standard Python distribution, but don't want to buy MS Visual Studio...)

I don't have a C extension handy to try at the moment, but I haven't
had a problem in the past using mingw (--compiler=mingw32) and
python.org python 2.3.3.

Can you clarify what you are having problems with? Using python.org
python with cygwin gcc (--compiler=cygwin)? If so, I have no experience
with that, so I can't help (beyond saying that mingw works fine, so
don't break that in the process of fixing the cygwin case!)

Paul.