[Distutils] installing scripts to /usr/sbin?

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Fri Feb 13 11:15:16 EST 2004

 >> Because Distutils should be able to do Debian packages natively?
 >
 >I'm not sure that this is assertion is true. And even if it were, the
 >fact is that Distutils is not able to do so.
 >
 >If you need help in building a Debian package, or a python tool please ask.
 >I'll be happy to help.

I do, although it's offtopic for distutils (sorry).
I'd like to develop a patch which enables the
python-rpm extension to the Debiant rpm package, so I
can forward it to the rpm maintainer.   I have complex
reasons for needing this (well not that complex;
a Debian system happens to be the host for a set
of rpm packages for which I want to enable fetching
via yum.  yum-arch requires the python rpm extension.)

He's had a number of requests for this, but doesn't
know python. Meanwhile, I don't know the debian
packaging system, and my pass at it didn't work out right
at all.

Any takers?

Mats