[Distutils] Excluding files using MANIFEST.in

Andy Todd andy47 at halfcooked.com
Mon Apr 5 16:10:27 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm sure I've asked this question before, but can't find a reference
anywhere. How do I exclude specific files using MANIFEST.in?

We have html documentation in the directory structure of PythonCard, the
contents of which are included in the source distribution with this line
in MANIFEST.in;

recursive-include docs *.txt *.py *.pyw *.html *.css *.gif *.png *.jpg *.cfg

I would like to specifically exclude one file (well, a few, but one is a
good start) called linux_installation.html in the docs/html directory.
I've tried a number of variations like;

exclude dir/html linux_installation.html

exclude .[\/]dir[\/]html linux_installation.html

exclude .[\/]dir[\/]html[\/]linux_installation.html

But to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Andy