[Distutils] Newbie

Greg Freemyer freemyer@NorcrossGroup.com
Thu Mar 27 13:46:02 2003

I'm trying to use distutils for the first time.

I am trying to get a python package that builds/installs in cygwin to also =
build/install in Win32.

I have already followed the full recipe at

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/82826

Is that a good starting point?  It worked fine.

Is this the correct mailing list for questions?

Is there a searchable archive for this list?

My first question is:

The command "python setup.py install" causes a DLL to be built.

i.e. python is the cygwin python.

>From the same cygwin shell, the command=20
   ntpython setup.py install --compiler=3Dmingw32
appears to work, but a corresponding DLL is not built.

i.e. ntpython is the Win32 native python

Do I need to modify setup.py?

 =20
Thanks
Greg