[Distutils] Re: Mixing pure python and extension module and multi platform

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed Mar 19 05:17:11 2003

Berthold H=F6llmann wrote:
> "Juergen Hermann" <jh@web.de> writes:
>=20
>>On 18 Mar 2003 16:15:18 +0100, Berthold H=F6llmann wrote:
>>
>>>My problem now is that setup on a mixed module installes everything
>>>into the system dependent branch of the install directories.
>>
>>Errmmmm, setup.py install --help
>>
>>Options for 'install' command:
>>  --install-base      base installation directory (instead of --prefix =
or --
>>                      home)
>>  --install-platbase  base installation directory for platform-specific=
 files
>>                      (instead of --exec-prefix or --home)
>>  --install-purelib   installation directory for pure Python module
>>                      distributions
>>  --install-platlib   installation directory for non-pure module distri=
butions
>=20
>=20
> Errmmm, what I am looking for is a way to have, installing mixed
> modules, the extension modules installed in the --install-platlib tree
> and the pure python modules installed in the --install-purelib
> path. Now when you install mixed moudules everything gets installed
> into the --install-platlib tree, even the pure python modules.

If you are using packages, that's the only way it works (you can't
have two parallel package structures with the same base name in
Python). If you are distributing the files as top-level files,
then this looks like a bug.

--=20
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 19 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     13 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        97 days left