[Distutils] How to find out the default include path

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Oct 24 07:08:02 2002

In article <3DB7BB47.5040500@lemburg.com>, M.-A. Lemburg
<mal@lemburg.com> writes

>> For any given Linux system, the linker will search
>> libraries in locations built in to the compilation
>> system (I think your list is correct there), plus
>> whatever's listed in /etc/ld.so.conf.  Sometimes
>> assisted or hampered by what's in /etc/ld.so.cache :-{
>
>Does the linker search there too or only the dynamic
>one at load time ?

I thought that executables could specify a preferred
location as well for use at dynamic link time, and then there's also
LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc etc, must be at least 10 ways to shoot your own
foot.

--
Robin Becker