[Distutils] Non-typical scenario

Johannes L. Gijsbers Taradino@subdimension.com
Tue Apr 9 05:22:01 2002

> I'm trying to write a setup.py, but I'm having a few
> problems because of the following a-typical requirements:
>
> 1) I want all my extension modules ('e.so'), python
> scripts ('s1.py', 's2.py') and data files in a separate
> directory 'MyProject' under site-packages, but I want them
> to be available from the root package, so that I can type
> 'from e import *', rather than 'from MyProject.e import
> *'. Is there any way to do this with distutils?

I don't think that's a distutils problem, it's just the way
packages are set up. Would 'from MyProject import *' also be
okay? Then you could write a __init__.py which imports
everything from the 'e' module: 'from e import *', and place
it in the package directory.

Johannes Gijsbers
// free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing
            subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com