[Distutils] PEP 241 checked in, and 1.5.2 compatibility

Thu Mar 22 10:38:02 2001

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 04:25:59PM +0100, Thomas Heller wrote:
>No problems at all. (Except the old problem that the resulting zip-file from
>'sdist --formats=zip' is unusable because it contains filenames relative to
>the root directory)

I'll look into it.  I can't recall hearing about this bug before; is
it in the SF bug tracker?

>PKG-INFO: Author, Author-email are set to UNKNOWN, IMO they should not.

Good point; I've changed it to use the get_contact_*() methods instead.

>  Platform is set to UNKNOWN, is this correct?

Unless you've specified a platform, yes it is.  I sent an e-mail to
the SIG asking about this (should it be 'UNKNOWN' or just an empty
string), and no one commented, so I assume it's OK.

--amk