[Distutils] PEP 241 draft

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Thu Mar 15 00:59:02 2001

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 09:05:31PM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>Can't we have arbitrary extra fields starting with e.g. 'X-MyHeader'
>which are then application defined ? (Mail headers work this way.)

Hmm, do you have something in mind?

>Doesn't really matter as long as it's 7-bit, e.g. ASCII or UTF-7.

Having "/" as a valid character could suck...

>> Should we allow more than one contact email address? For example, there
>> may be multiple authors, or there may be some other relevant contact
>> email addresses.
>
>We could probably allow the value to be a comma separated list !?

You mean like RFC-822?  ;-)

>> Categories, on the other hand, help not with searching so much as
>> browsing.
>
>Why not have both ?

Agreed.  Automatic indexing usually doesn't work very well.  Keywords is a
good idea.

Sean
--
 "We just wanted to give the band a little more thrust than most other bands."
         - Donald Fagen's reply to why they chose the name 'Steely Dan'