[Distutils] SWIG Support

John J. Lee phrxy@csv.warwick.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 22:19:00 2001

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Gaspard, Bradley S wrote:

> I am a new distutils user. Can anyone tell me if the SWIG support is
> actually working and is there a way that it can support the -shadow option??
> I am getting compile errors under distutils that I don't normally get (for
> an extention where I don't use the shadow option). Examples of setup.py
> scripts would be appreciated.

Seeing as nobody more knowledgeable has answered your question -- SWIG
support does work, for minimal stuff I've tried, at least.  You may get
some warnings about the SWIG-generated code, because distutils turns them
on.  Ignore them.

I don't know if it knows about shadow classes yet.

example:

import distutils

setup(name="foo",
      version="0.1",