[Distutils] Any volunteers for Distutils maintainer?

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Mon Dec 10 08:05:01 2001

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:01:08AM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>I think that with distutils packager and builder are
>usually the same person :-)

I don't think so...  If that were true, we wouldn't need distutils...  At
the very least, you will hopefully have people building your distutils
packages on platforms that you don't have access to...

>Seriously, I was thinking of putting the default for the
>optimization level into the setup.cfg file which can then
>be edited by a package builder for a specific platform.

I think that's a very good idea.

So, with the new change in Distutils development, does this mean that my
patch to automatically upload packages during the build process could get
in?  ;-)  Suchandra's package tools are now on the same machine as the
swalow stuff, so we should be able to have it update both of the systems at
once.

Sean
--
 "You're thinking of Mr. Wizard."  "[Emilio Lizardo's] a top scientist,
 dumbkopf."  "So was Mr. Wizard."  -- _Buckaroo_Banzai_