[Distutils] distutil or setup problem?

Berthold Höllmann hoel@germanlloyd.org
Thu Nov 30 09:43:01 2000

"Thomas Heller" <thomas.heller@ion-tof.com> writes:

> hoel@germanlloyd.org (Berthold Höllmann) writes:
> >
> > Ahh, I'm wrong. Distutils 1.0.1 do not work with Python 1.5.2 on Win32
> > because the 1.5.2 config.h for Win does *not* contain the neccesarry
> > #pragma definitions for the library inclusion (at least in my copy).
> >
> This is from 1.5.2 config.h:
> #ifdef MS_WIN32
>
> #ifndef USE_DL_EXPORT
> /* So nobody needs to specify the .lib in their Makefile any more */
> #ifdef _DEBUG
> #pragma comment(lib,"python15_d.lib")
> #else
> #pragma comment(lib,"python15.lib")
> #endif
> #endif /* USE_DL_EXPORT */
>
> So, it *should* work...
> And it *does* work, just checked it out.
>
> > So I guess get_libraries in distutils/command/build_ext.py should be
> > changed to something like
> [snip]
>
> It has been debated on distutils-sig in the past whether build_ext
> should special-case MSVCCompiler or not. Maybe we should remove this
> special case completely.
> Anyway, I would be interrested why it does not work for you.

OK, my boss needed 1.5.2. He made a local install and copied the file
to our file server, but only the executables, not the header files, so
they are still from 1.5. Now I replaced them with the new ones and it
all works better now. Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Berthold

--
       email: hoel@GermanLloyd.org