[Distutils] handling complex link/library specifications

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Wed, 24 May 2000 02:21:05 -0400

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 02:28:36PM +0000, Andrew MacIntyre wrote:
> Unfortunately, the commercial package I'm dealing with has a long list of
> libraries required to be linked, with several specified static and the rest
> dynamic.
>
> The recommended library spec (for Solaris, which is what I'm working with at
> the moment) looks something like this:

> -R<path>
>
> What would be the recommended way to deal with this, if Distutils in its
> current form can handle this situation?

The CVS version (I think you have to get it from SourceForge) should except
the CFLAGS environment variable, I don't know if this will help you or not.

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS
West Dover Hundred, Delaware