[Distutils] util.copy_file and --dry-run

Bastian Kleineidam calvin@cs.uni-sb.de
Sat, 20 May 2000 00:27:14 +0200 (CEST)

  I found a misleading behaviour with the --dry-run option. Suppose you
  create a directory and then you copy a file in this directory. With
  --dry-run the directory is not created and this makes the copy_file
  function to announce the renaming of the file rather than copying it
  into the new directory.

  code snippet:
  ./setup.py --dry-run build
  [...]
  creating build/scripts
  copying linkchecker -> build

  should be:
  creating build/scripts
  copying linkchecker -> build/scripts

  I do not have a fix for this. I think this is a feature, not a bug.

  Bastian

--
Bastian Kleineidam -- Just do it. Use Linux.                    .~.
http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~calvin/official/                    /V\