[Distutils] Problems on NT

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:50:50 -0500

On 28 March 2000, Thomas Heller said:
> 1. msvccompiler.py defines a method _find_exe(),
> but uses find_exe().

Easy fix -- thanks.  Will check it in shortly.

> 2. The python/libs directory is no longer
> included in library_dirs when linking extensions.

Hmmm.  Was it ever?  And why is this necessary?  Is it so extensions can
link against Python.dll, or is it something else?

Anyone out there been following the recent CVS tumult and trying to
build stuff on Windows?

Thomas (or anyone else on a Windows box with access to the anonymous CVS
tree), if you're feeling hardy, you could try rolling back the
command/build_ext.py file one revision at a time until either 1) the
problem goes away or 2) things blow up horribly because of other
incompatibilities.  If #2 occurs, try rolling back all of Distutils a
week at a time, or maybe 2-3 days at a time.  Let me know if you want
help with the CVS trickery to do this.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Unix nerd                                   gward@python.net