[Distutils] Distutils 0.9

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 00:39:29 -0400

...just a note of self-congratulatory gloating that I didn't put in the
official announcement: the Distutils 0.9 release is available as:
  * source tarball
  * source ZIP file
  * source RPM
  * RPM
  * Windows installer

... all of them generated by the Distutils in three easy commands.
Probably could have done it with one command, but I didn't want to push
my luck.

Wow-ee!  That is, to be blunt, TOTALLY ****ING COOL!!

Couldn't have done it without ya, folks.  This thing is working like a
*charm*.  Special thanks to Harry Gebel and Thomas Heller, who actually
brought it all together with the RPM and Windows installer support.

Now, I will sleep soundly, put in one perfunctory day of work, and then
completely forget about computers for two whole days... ahhhh...

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Linux geek                                  gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/