[Distutils] ANNOUNCE: Distutils 0.1.3 available

Greg Ward gward@cnri.reston.va.us
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:49:51 -0500

...title says it all.  Here's the change log entry:

  * "dist" command works on Windows now
  * better error handling in a few places
  * fixed some bugs in the MSVC++ interface class
  * "install_py" and "install_ext" commands now run their corresponding
    build commands, in case they are invoked standalone by the user
  * added the "--help-commands" option to get a list of all commands
  * renamed the text files to README.txt, USAGE.txt, and CHANGES.txt
    (for convenience to Windows users)
  * started adding code to allow building static C libraries and standalone
    executables (not used yet)

Get yours today from the distutils home page:

    http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/

Works for me to build and install Numerical Python 15.2 under Linux and
Solaris.  All other uses of the software are strictly forbidden and not
supported.  Ha ha! just kidding.  I just haven't *tested* anything
else.

Bottom line: this fixes most of the easy bugs.  If you had suggestions
for me at the conference last week, don't go looking in this release for
them -- sorry.  If you have problems with it, post to the sig.  I'm
especially interested in hearing how it works on platforms other than
Linux and Solaris, since I only have access to those two for testing.

Right, now on to hacking on release 0.2...

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                    gward@cnri.reston.va.us
1895 Preston White Drive                           voice: +1-703-620-8990