[Distutils] Re: --help not working in 0.8.1 (w/patch)

Greg Ward gward@ase.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:22:35 -0400

On 24 April 2000, Lyle Johnson said:
> Looks like there's a bug in the native_path() function and that's why the
> forward-slashes in commands like this:
[...]
> I think once you look at the current implementation of native_path() you'll
> see the problem; but I've attached a patch which I think does what you
> originally intended there.

A-ha!  Actually, I probably would never have noticed that -- it's one of
those colossally stupid bugs that are instantly obvious to a second pair
of eyeballs, but never to the original programmer (at least if the
original programmer was me).  Debugging is indeed parallelizable.

Thanks a bunch -- patch fixed, checked in, and Distutils 0.8.2 will be
out shortly.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Unix geek                                   gward@python.net