[Distutils] Anyone home?

Greg Ward gward@cnri.reston.va.us
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 16:13:33 -0400

On 28 June 1999, James C. Ahlstrom said:
> Is this sig active?  Is anyone out there?

It's not exactly piping hot, but it's certainly not dead.  A bit sleepy,
perhaps.

I regard topics such as freeze and the "how to install extensions in
packages under a multi-architecture installation" debate as important,
worth considering, and very much on topic in the Distutils SIG.  But the
main purpose of the SIG is the design and implementation of the
Distutils themselves, which (due to my being endlessly distracted by
other things) are still not mature enough that other people can really
sit down and hack on them.

The good news is, I finally dug myself out of the hole of other
distractions and got back to coding the Distutils proper on the
weekend.  Should have something to show for it in a few days.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                    gward@cnri.reston.va.us
1895 Preston White Drive                           voice: +1-703-620-8990