[Distutils] Anonymous CVS up-and-running

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:44:07 -0500 (EST)

John Skaller writes:
 >         The you don't need to invoke it.
 > But other people in the C++ SIG want to use C++ to extend
 > Python. This is not the place to argue about it, they want it. :-)

  *This* I understand.  I understand why main() should be built with
C++ to extend Python with C++ reliably.  Is that the only reason for
pythonpp?  In that case, just build the standard interpreter with a
C++-compiled main() and be done with it.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191