[Distutils] Access to Python config info

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 19:02:29 +0100

> Greg Ward writes:
>  > *This* version should run as one of the last steps of the distutils
>  > installation process, ie. this is the hack that'll work with Python
>
>   If we can agree that it includes sufficient information, and we can
> get the other platforms supported, why can't we ask Guido to include
> it in 1.5.2?  That would also allow other projects that have differing

Because if we later find out that we need a somewhat different
interface or functionality, we have a compatibility problem.
I see no need to rush - all information is already available in
Python 1.5.1, it just takes some parsing.

Konrad  [now definitely leaving...]