[Distutils] Freeze on topic for this SIG?

John Skaller skaller@maxtal.com.au
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:55:13 +1000

At 12:42 14/12/98 +1100, Mark Hammond wrote:

>Im really just looking for a place to discuss enhancements to Freeze
>itself.  Specifically, Guido, Jack Jansen, Just and myself have had
>very very preliminary discussions on a new "import architecture" for
>Python itself.

        Why not, by private email, create a 'requirements and
analysis' document: what is wrong with freeze? [I've never used it]
What is desirable? How can it be done, roughly?

        [BTW: I know nothing of freeze but I'm very interested
in a new import architecture!!!!]

        The post that as a discussion starter?
John Skaller    email: skaller@maxtal.com.au
		http://www.maxtal.com.au/~skaller
		phone: 61-2-96600850
		snail: 10/1 Toxteth Rd, Glebe NSW 2037, Australia