[DB-SIG] Make Python/SQL integration even smoother

Federico Di Gregorio fog at dndg.it
Thu Jun 6 09:37:44 CEST 2013

On 05/06/2013 21:07, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> On 05.06.2013 20:55, big stone wrote:
>> Hello M.-A.,
>>
>> Afaik :
>> "Linq" is not pure/transparent SQL
>
> Linq is SQL embedded into a programming language. C# and VB are
> the only ones supporting this at the moment, AFAIK.

LINQ is much much more than that and does much more than execute
SQL-like queries on collections of objects. That's why I cited it in my
original reply: you one want queries over objects taking inspiration
from LINQ will probably yeld something more useful than just an
SQL-applied-to-objects parser.

But we're going out of the scope of this ML, so I'll stop here.

federico