[DB-SIG] python connection to Velocis Database

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Dec 3 11:01:48 CET 2009

Susan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a python library for connecting to a Raima Velocis database?

According to the web page, Raima supports ODBC 3.51, so you
can use our mxODBC database adapters together with the
Raima ODBC drivers on almost all platforms supported by
Python itself.

For single-tier setups (client application and database
on the same server or the same platform, e.g. both Windows
or both Linux):

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

For multiple-tier setups (client application on a different
server or different platform, e.g. Linux and Windows):

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCConnect/

The mxODBC Connect setup will also help in case you have problems
finding an ODBC driver for your client application platform:
The mxODBC Connect Client works on most Python platforms
without needing an ODBC driver. You only need the ODBC driver
on the server side.

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 03 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/