[DB-SIG] Multivalue database access - non-SQL

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Aug 26 23:09:12 CEST 2009

Norman Bauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am beginning to dive into developing a module connecting to an IBM
> UniVerse database. I'll first start by saying that this is the largest
> undertaking I have ever had and so far the experience has been fun,
> yet frustrating at times... I know wahhhh....
>
> Before I get into the meat of it, I would really appreciate some
> general pointers in developing to the DB API, pitfalls and the likes.
> And also if anyone has worked on or developed one of the
> non-relational database modules in the past your input would be
> extremely valuable.
>
> Oh and of course if there is anyone who may want to collaborate on
> this project, I would welcome your contributions.

Unless you have some specific need that requires writing a
native driver for UniVerse, I'd suggest to first have a look
at the UniVerse ODBC driver:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/25119340.pdf

The driver conforms to ODBC 2.0, so should work well with mxODBC
which supports drivers having ODBC conformance levels 2.0 - 3.5:

http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 26 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/