[DB-SIG] Extending DB-API

Mario Frasca m.r.frasca at sron.nl
Tue Nov 21 15:27:28 CET 2006

Ian Bicking wrote:

> It's possible to resolve this through a wrapper around the connection.
> For instance:
> http://svn.sqlobject.org/sqlapi/trunk/sqlapi/connect/wrapper.py

well, I know that this is possible, since I'm already doing something
similar in my software, but it would be nice (I mean, I think it would)
if also the logging policy would be stated in the db-api2++

> I suppose the problems with multiple exception hierarchies could also
> be resolved this way.

well, but then wouldn't many of us be doing the same extra work around
the missing agreements?  wouldn't it be nicer for all to aknowledge that
the db-api2 is lacking on some points and fill these in?

have we got a wiki place where we can work at a next version of the
document?  I feel that this would help a lot to keep the discussion
focused...

best regards,
Mario Frasca.