[DB-SIG] Problem with mxODBC insert statement

Khawaja-Shahzad Butt kshahzadbutt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 22:18:46 CEST 2004

Hello,

 I don't know how to use SQL which way for mxODBC and
python. I used this statement and got this error.

q= "INSERT INTO
rss_feed_items(item_date,item_title,item_author,item_permalink,item_description)\
   VALUES(%s)"%(item_dmodified);

MS SQL server 2000 gave me this error for above query statement:

ProgrammingError: ('37000', 170, "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '06'.", 4612)

or  can i use the ? instead of %s can you give me example since there is
none in egenix manual for mxODBC. What am i doing wrong.
Also should always use auto_commit while using mxODBC

Please reply.
Thank you,
Regards
Shahzad