[DB-SIG] Questions

Ms Soo Chong s4046441 at student.uq.edu.au
Fri Aug 6 04:42:00 CEST 2004

Dear Sir/Mdm,

I'm currently a fourth year University student. I am currently working on a thesis topic : Development of a Database for Experimental Shock Tunnel Data and Images, which requires me to write a python program.

As attached is the details of my thesis.

I need to make use of python language to communicate/connect with postgreSQL and then construct a web page that display search options and results. Actually, I am very new to python and just finished reading part of 'Learning Python". Therefore, I am quite lost in terms of getting started (writing up a python program). Thus, I went to python website to look for modules/codes that connect python to postgreSQL.

Under Database Topic Guide, I found DB-API spec v2.0 and www.amk.ca/python/writing/DB-API.html through some searching. I wonder if these help? Or are there any examples around which I can look through? Or are there any useful and relevant books that you can recommend?

Platform: Redhat, Linux
Language: Python
Database: PostgreSQL

Looking forward to your prompt reply.