[DB-SIG] Webware and Oracle/high load

Marcos msanchez@grupoburke.com
12 Mar 2003 14:31:55 +0100

We are testing cx_Oracle ant it seems to behave much better with this
number of threads. It is finally working (I hate changing) on the same
machine the Oracle+Pound+Apache is. Now we are getting 8
pages/minute/Webware instance (each Webware uses up one CPU). We are now
micro-optimizing.

cx_Oracle has dumped core a couple of times. It is a relative problem,
since Webware restarts in less than 4 seconds, but it always troubles
me...

With both modules, Webware seems to stop responding to ^C whenever an
error happens in the oracle level; we have to -KILL it. :-\ I'll review
whether I am closing cursors in case of an error.
-----
ref Webware: An application server in pure Python http://webware.sf.net/
----
El lun, 10-03-2003 a las 21:25, Marcos S=E1nchez Provencio escribi=F3: