[DB-SIG] PyGreSQL pgsource object

Tamito KAJIYAMA kajiyama@grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 00:55:02 +0900

Gerhard H=E4ring <gerhard.haering@opus-gmbh.net> writes:

| > I found that the pg module in PyGreSQL (version 3.x) contains an
| > extension object named pgsource.  It seems useful, but it is not
| > mentioned in the documentation at all.  Does this means that the
| > pgsource object should not be used in PyGreSQL applications?
|
| What's wrong with using a DB-API module like pyPgSQL or psycopg, or even
| PyGreSQL's pgdb module?

Nothing.  My question is merely whether there is any technical
reason why the pgsource object has not made public.

The pgsource object has a set of method names that well
correspond with the PostgreSQL interface in PHP.  So, I thought
the pgsource object would be useful when, say, porting database
applications from PHP to Python.

| Btw. if you want to use PyGreSQL, I'd recommend to get the latest one fro=
m the
| PostgreSQL folks, for example from the PostgreSQL 7.2.2 source tree. That=
's
| where it is maintained nowadays.

Thanks,

--