[DB-SIG] [ANN] pyPgSQL 2.1 released

Federico Di Gregorio fog@initd.org
06 Jun 2002 18:03:01 +0200

--=-cQ0qPvbHoM5gDW8wvD6b

Il gio, 2002-06-06 alle 17:52, Gerhard H=E4ring ha scritto:
> * Kevin Cole <kjcole@gri.gallaudet.edu> [2002-06-06 09:34 -0400]:
> > Does anyone know if psycopg is available as an RPM that works well with
> > the Red Hat's PostGreSQL RPM's?
>=20
> This isn't what you asked for, but for database interfaces that are
> built using distutils, like pyPgSQL, you can simply issue:
>=20
> $ python setup.py bdist_rpm
>=20
> to create a RPM. The psycopg developers will likely have a reason for
> not using distutils in the first place.

i would like to switch to distutils but currently i have the following
problem: psycopg compiles and run on many different archs (ia32, ia64,
sparc, powerpc, m68k, alpha, etc.) and platforms (linux, *bsd, macos x,
sun solaris and win32). apart from win32, still not perfectly
integrated, all the others depend on a single configure.in script about
50 lines in length. do distutils allow for that? do they provide an easy
way to:

    * check for libraries
    * check for headers
    * check for functions in libraries
    * define variables used at compile time

if someone can show me a 50 liners setup.py script that does all that,
i'll be glad to switch.

--=20
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
  Qu'est ce que la folie? Juste un sentiment de libert=E9 si
   fort qu'on en oublie ce qui nous rattache au monde... -- J. de Loctra

--=-cQ0qPvbHoM5gDW8wvD6b

--=-cQ0qPvbHoM5gDW8wvD6b--