[DB-SIG] Suggestions for DB-API improvements

Dustin Sallings dustin+pydbsig@spy.net
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 23:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

Around 01:45 on Jul 8, 2002, Federico Di Gregorio said:

# mm.. python or C? some drivers are C-only and would not be very nice to
# force them go python.

	I admit that I've not done any python modules in C, however, my
answer to that question would be python.

	If you can't extend python classes in C, you can at least create
the glue work and write a thin python layer to implement the required
python classes.

	It would probably be possible to create a driver developer kit
including a skeleton framework in C which could be used to implement many
drivers more easily.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>