[DB-SIG] Current status of Gadfly

Andy Todd andy47@crosswinds.net
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 08:54:54 +1000

Matthew T. Kromer wrote:

> on 9/19/01 10:16 PM, Andy Todd at andy47@crosswinds.net wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know of the current status of Gadfly?
>>[...]
>>When I fire it up under Python 2.1 there are deprecation warnings about
>>the use of regex instead of re and it doesn't appear to use distutils.
>>
>>I'm happy to try and patch these things but don't want to re-invent the
>>wheel if someone else has already addressed them.
>>[...]
>>

> If you get a recent Zope, it has a patched Gadfly with no warnings.

Thanks for that, although downloading a full blown content management
system just to get a lightweight database does seem to be a little
excessive to me ;-)

I'll email Aaron Watters anyway and see what he has to say, if it's
possible to patch the Gadfly sources he releases it may be a worthwhile
exercise.

Regards,
Andy
 From the desk of Andrew J Todd esq.
"Hit me with your fax machine, baby" - Francis Dunnery, "Because I Can"