[DB-SIG] Optional DB API Extensions

Federico Di Gregorio fog@debian.org
24 Oct 2001 13:34:59 +0200

--=-u4H4Vl5CerCN8/K5EGZ4

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 12:56, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> I also added some more text explaining how to handle these optional
> extensions.

nice.
=20
> Do you have any other extensions which you'd like to see in the
> new DB API section ?

yes, quite a lot (currently i am trying to summarize the long discussion
about type casts, remember?) that's why i would like to see the
extensions subdivided in 2 (3) categories:

        1. unofficial (discussed) extensions. i.e., there is no
           convergence of oppinions, this extension is still being
           discussed (putting in in a pep is usefull because usually,
           discussions on a mailing list go nowhere until someone write
           down the whole stuff)
        2. official (approved) extensions. this extension is not part of
           the dbapi, but if you implement it, is much better if you
           follow the pep.
        3. extension that gets moved to the dbapi pep (and become part
           of the dbapi, are no extensions anymore :)

i am for moving all your extensions plus mine to the official list.

ciao,
federico

--=20
Federico Di Gregorio
INIT.D Developer                                           fog@initd.org
              All programmers are optimists. -- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.

--=-u4H4Vl5CerCN8/K5EGZ4

--=-u4H4Vl5CerCN8/K5EGZ4--