[DB-SIG] PoPy Large Object Query

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:22:45 +0200

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Bell John's letter:

> Sorry that this is product specific, but PoPy (and
> psycopg) no longer have active websites/mailing lists.

this is false. the psycopg mailing list and websites are up.
traffic on the ML is 2-3 messages/day. try http://lists.initd.org/
and go to the archives.

> I'm trying to find out the syntax in PoPy for
> import/export of large objects.  It's important for me
> to capture the associated OID.

if i remember correctly you can't grab the oid, because popy
handle it itself and convert it into the corresponding lob
returned as a binary strung. but it is a long time i don't
track popy development, so thing may have changed lately.

ciao,
federico