[DB-SIG] postgres access to db structure

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
26 May 2001 15:24:03 +0200

On 26 May 2001 23:04:15 +1000, Dave Cole wrote:

> fve> I believe there is a platform-independent way of doing this :
> fve> select * from mytable where 1=0
>
> fve> from my experience, this works via mxODBC against db2, oracle,
> fve> postgres, and vfox tables types of dbs.
>
> It also works for my Sybase module.

works in psycopg too, but sometimes you don't know 'mytable', e.g., when
you're writing a db management tool that need the full list of tables,
etc.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE Chief of Research & Technology              fog@mixadlive.com