[DB-SIG] Michele Comitini: Adding a driver to http://www.python.org/topics/database/modules.html

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy@druid.net
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 06:26:59 -0500 (EST)

Thus spake Michele Comitini
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 02:17:29PM -0500, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 02:13:51PM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > >I suppose the request below is about this URL:
> > >    http://www.python.org/topics/database/modules.html
> > >Who's in charge of that page?  Should I just add this?
> >
> > I am; I'll add it.  (Yikes!  This is what now, the fourth Python
> > PostgreSQL module?)
>
> Well psycopg _deserves_ to be on that page ;)
> Download it, try it and contribute, it is _free_ software.

Um, I believe all the Python/PostgreSQL modules, including mine which
is distributed with PostgreSQL(*), are free.

And for the record, we would still be happy if all of these talented people
would contribute to PyGreSQL.  I don't understand why they all felt that
it was necessary to splinter the development like this.

(*) When building PostgreSQL you can simply add --with-python to the
configure flags to install PyGreSQL.