[DB-SIG] Python as Apache-module

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 04:40:18 -0800

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 01:13:13PM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> There are at least three Apache modules which try to bind Python
> to Apache: mod_python, ModSnake, PyApache. Don't know much about
> their status though.

PyApache is a CGI accelerator. If you have existing CGIs, then it can be
nice. However, I'm not sure about the status of it, whether it is being
maintained, etc.

mod_snake and mod_python both have CGI accelerators. But they also allow you
to write much higher performance Python code. They have slightly different
approaches and different feature sets. mod_snake is a new, clean
implementation and works with Apache 1.3 and 2.0. mod_python is a bit older,
but I think it carries a bit of baggage as a result.

http://modsnake.sourceforge.net/
http://www.modpython.org/

Cheers,
-g