[DB-SIG] Consistent connection to Oracle

Eugene V . Dvurechenski jno@glasnet.ru
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:45:55 +0300

no way in plain vanilla CGI technology (do you need it for web?).
you may check something like PCGI instead.

another way is to use something like medusa's asyncore
to build a connection sharing server then feed all the
queries via this shared connection[s] pool.

NB: there are good chances that you'll not be able to use
_threading_ with Oracle clinet libs. hence, synchronous
approach looks much better. "forking" approach will not
work as expected either.

--
SY,
jno (PRIVATE PERSON)      [ http://www.glasnet.ru/~jno ]