[DB-SIG] Preparing statement API

Eric Brunson brunson@Level3.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:36:32 -0700

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

* Hrvoje Niksic (hniksic@iskon.hr) [000126 17:29]:
> Eric Brunson <brunson@Level3.net> writes:
>=20
> > That seems to be true of the DCOracle implementation, also.
> > Yesterday I tried to reuse a cursor object and it failed,
>=20
> You mean, you tried:
>=20
>     cursor.execute("<something>")
>=20
> and then:
>=20
>     cursor.execute("<something else>")
>=20
> And the second operation failed?  This is against the DB API, I think.
>=20

Now that I think about it, I may have closed the cursor between
attempts to execute, so it may have been my fault.  I'll try it again
today and if it does violate the API spec, I'll make a note of it to
the list.

--=20
Eric Brunson                * _ o  *       Faster and faster,            =
=20
brunson@brunson.com        * / //\           until the thrill of speed   =
=20
brunson@level3.net            \>>|   *         overcomes the fear of death