[DB-SIG] MySQLdb-0.3.0 is released

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 21:50:22 -0500 (EST)

Get it at:

http://dustman.net/andy/python/MySQLdb/0.3.0

Major notes of interest: Should work with current versions of MySQL-3.22
and 3.23, and Python versions 1.5.2, 1.6 (not tested), and 2.0 (very
lightly tested). Got to have Distutils (not included with Python 1.5.2,
get it from www.python.org) to build. If you have to tweak setup.py (the
build script) for your platform, send me your tweaks, and I will try to
accomodate them.

NO, I do not have a pre-compiled Windows version. I don't do (MS) Windows.
The setup.py script *should* be able to make one. Read the docs for
Distutils. If you succeed in making one, let me know about it. You should
also be able to build RPMs. I am not distributing any yet because there
are just too many possibilities.

*** GPL ***  Yes, the GPL is now a license option. I'm hedging simply
because of all the controversy regarding recent Python licenses.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy