[DB-SIG] Remaining issues with DB API 1.1

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 15:37:54 +0200

Greg: Are there going to be generic conversion C APIs for buffer types
in 1.5.2 ? And is there some resource I could point to for more
documentation on the types and their usage ?

I'm asking this because I the current CVS version of Python 1.5.2
doesn't have to much docs about the types and seems to be missing
a way to extract information out of the buffer types other than
going through PyArg_ParseTuple().

Another issue:

How should we define the mapping of Unix ticks to date/time/timestamp
values ? ... or should we define them at all ?

Since ticks always refer to timestamp like values, converting them
to date and time values will have to cause some kind of factoring.
In the examples I gave, local time broken down values are used
as basis. This could, of course, also be done using GM time.

I've update the spec to 1.1a12. The next release of mxDateTime
will include the new constructors for ticks based values.

Cheers,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 278 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :