[DB-SIG] Remaining issues with DB API 1.1

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 01:43:23 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

>        · Require a constructor to take Unix ticks as input for timestamp
>          values ? What about time (without date part) and date (without
>          time part) values ?
>
> Well, you know my POV: ticks are a bad thing for serious DB interfacing
> and there are ways to convert them to the broken down values needed for
> the constructors.

OTOH, ticks are pretty ubiquitous. Supplying a constructor that uses them
isn't a big deal; mxDateTime has one, right? Certainly it should not be
the only constructor, but available as an alternative.

I'm agreeable to everything else. I would help on the spelling/grammar but
I will probably be spending this weekend working on a Python intro for the
local ACM chapter that I'm presenting on tuesday.

--
Andy Dustman  (ICQ#32922760)    You should always say "spam" and "eggs"
ComStar Communications Corp.                 instead of "foo" and "bar"